Coronavirus (COVID-19): We’re in this together
For more information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), including vaccine information, visit our FAQs page.
Over-the-counter (OTC) COVID-19 at-home test kits
New federal guidelines let you get reimbursement for eligible over-the-counter COVID-19 tests purchased January 15, 2022 or later. This mandate is in effect until the end of the federal public health emergency. Be sure to check back regularly as coverage could change.
Members can get four free tests through COVIDTESTS.gov. These government provided tests do not count towards the minimum benefit of eight tests per member per 30 days as outlined below.
What you need to know
Based on the guidelines provided by the Biden administration, the Rural Carrier Benefit Plan (RCBP) will cover up to eight (8) OTC COVID-19 diagnostic antigen rapid home tests per 30-day period for each person covered under your plan. For example, a family of four covered under the RCBP could be reimbursed for up to 32 tests per 30-day period.
Note: Each test is counted separately even if multiple tests are sold in a single kit. So, if you buy one kit that includes two tests, we’ll reimburse you for up to four kits.
Other things to keep in mind:
- Tests must be approved, cleared or authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- These tests don’t require an order from your physician to qualify for reimbursement. Tests that are ordered by a provider are not subject to the reimbursement limit.
- Tests must be used to diagnose a potential COVID-19 infection. Tests used for employment, school or recreational purposes are not eligible for reimbursement.
How do I get reimbursed?
Direct Coverage of OTC COVID-19 tests:
To keep you from having up front out-of-pocket costs, most OTC COVID-19 tests are covered through CVS Caremark. Members can obtain an OTC COVID-19 test with no upfront out of pocket cost, simply by presenting your RCBP ID card to any in network pharmacy that elects to offer COVID-19 tests.
You may also order COVID-19 tests online for pickup at your local CVS Pharmacy.
- Login or register for the Aetna member website.
- Select ‘Get Test Kits and Reimbursements’ and then click on ‘Order Tests from a CVS Pharmacy’. You will be redirected to the CVS Pharmacy website.
- Select how many at home tests you need and enter your zip code to find the closest CVS Pharmacy locations with test inventory.
- Enter the information from your RCBP ID card
- Place an order for store pick-up.
You may also access directly from Caremark.com or the CVS Caremark® mobile app (available for Android and Apple).
Direct Member Reimbursement:
An online claims submission process through Caremark.com and the CVS Caremark® mobile app (available for Android and Apple) are available.
- Sign in or register at Caremark.com.
- Upload your proof of purchase; this can be a digital receipt or photo of a paper receipt.
To submit a paper claim, download the form below and mail to: CVS Caremark, P.O. Box 53992, Phoenix, AZ 85072-3992.
COVID Vaccine Incentive
RCBP members, 18 years and older, who receives or have received the COVID-19 vaccine are eligible to earn a $50 wellness incentive*.
To earn the incentive, RCBP members must submit documentation (i.e., copy of vaccine card) demonstrating you have been fully vaccinated. RCBP will review the documentation to verify the member is fully vaccinated, and if so, will deposit $50 on your Payflex® card.
It is very important your documentation includes the member name and ID number as it appears on your current RCBP ID card. You can submit one of the following ways:
- Mail to:
Rural Carrier Benefit Plan
PO Box 14079
Lexington, KY 40512-4079
- Upload to the secure member portal. Once logged in, click the envelope icon at the top right of the landing page. Click on ‘New Message’ and from the landing page, select ‘Send Message’. Select ‘Other’ for Topic, then for the radio button, select ‘Health Assessment, Wellness Tools, Incentives, Health Actions’. Upload your COVID vaccination documentation and select send.
- Mail to:
This is one of the many ways you can earn up to a maximum of $400 in wellness incentives during 2022! To learn about additional ways to earn incentives, please visit the Wellness Rewards section.
*If your physician determines you qualify for a medical exemption, you can submit documentation from your physician indicating you are exempt from the COVID-19 vaccine and earn the $50 wellness incentive.
**Funds can only be used for eligible medical expenses, as defined by Internal Revenue Code Section 213(d). This includes your deductible, coinsurance, and copayments (e.g., prescription drug copayments) incurred by you or your covered dependents.
You may hear from Aetna or other vendors for the Rural Carrier Benefit Plan (RCBP) such as TrestleTree. We want to connect with you to see how you are doing during these challenging times.
If you receive a call from the RCBP, please take a moment to answer the phone and let us know how you are doing. If you need assistance, we can connect you to the care and resources you need during this COVID-19 pandemic.
We are just a phone call away and ready to help! Call 800-638-8432 to speak to a dedicated RCBP customer service representative.
We’ve got you covered
Coronaviruses are spread from an infected person to others through the air by coughing and sneezing, as well as through close personal contact, such as touching or shaking hands.
|CDC approved labs & diagnostic testing for COVID-19||Pay 100% for all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) approved diagnostic testing performed by in-network (INN) and out-of-network (OON) providers. This includes visits to providers to diagnosis COVID-19 (such as provider office visits, and urgent care centers and emergency room visits) through the end of the federal mandate.|
|Treatment for COVID-19||Effective March 06, 2020 to December 31, 2021, cost sharing will be waived for inpatient hospital admissions related to COVID-19. This includes related INN and OON professional fees.
|Telehealth||Continue telehealth consultations through DialCare® at no cost share.|
|Telemedicine||For COVID-19: From March 6, 2020 to December 31, 2021, cost sharing will be waived for real-time virtual visits offered by INN and OON providers (live video-conferencing and telephone-only telemedicine services).
For behavioral and mental health: From March 6, 2020 to December 31, 2021, cost sharing will be waived for all in-network outpatient behavioral and mental health telemedicine visits.
|Prescriptions||CVS is offering 90-day maintenance medication prescriptions.
CVS is also waiving early refill limits on 30-day prescription maintenance medications.
CVS is waiving charges for home delivery of prescription medications through the end of 2021 with no plans to go back to charging for home delivery.
We’re here to help
To help you get through this, RCBP is offering the following programs at no cost to you:
- Crisis response lines for all members — just call 833-327-AETNA (2386)
- 24×7 access to the Aetna Nurse Medical Line. Call 800-556-1555 anytime
- Health Coaching through TrestleTree.Health Coaches can discuss:
- Your stress symptoms and how to monitor them
- How stress and health are related
- How to build a personal “toolbox” of stress management techniques
- Where to find COVID-19 information
- How to find good social support – even with “social distancing”
To get started with Health Coaching through TrestleTree, call toll-free at 855-553-5109.
- Digital Coaching –If talking on the phone with a health coach doesn’t fit your personality, try online coaching through the digital program. Digital Coaching offers:
- Health Education –Find information in the Coaching and Library sections for managing stress and improving sleep health/quality
- A Wellness Webinar –Watch a 45-minute webinar session entitled, “Mind your stress with mindfulness.”
- Wellness Goal Support –Receive help and guidance on Smoking cessation, Weight management, Nutrition, Physical activity, Depression management, and more
To get started with digital coaching, health education, webinars and wellness support:
- Loginto your Aetna member website
- Click on “Stay Healthy,” at the top of the landing page
- Select “Discover a Healthier You” and proceed to the Member Engagement Platform