For more information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19), including vaccine information, visit our FAQs page.
The Public Health Emergency (PHE) for COVID-19 will expire at the end of the day on May 11, 2023, however the Rural Carrier Benefit Plan will continue offering over-the-counter (OTC) COVID-19 tests.
In addition, the Plan will continue to cover diagnostic COVID testing at the lab and COVID related services at inpatient hospital, but normal cost sharing will apply. We will also continue coverage for COVID-19 vaccines (including their administration), and any other qualifying coronavirus preventive services intended to prevent or mitigate COVID-19 on an in-network basis without cost sharing.
The Rural Carrier Benefit Plan (RCBP) will cover up to four (4) OTC COVID-19 diagnostic antigen rapid home tests per 30-day period for each person covered under your plan. For example, a family of four covered under the RCBP could be reimbursed for up to 16 tests per 30-day period.
Note: Each test is counted separately even if multiple tests are sold in a single kit. So, if you buy one kit that includes two tests, we’ll reimburse you for up to two kits.
Other things to keep in mind:
- Tests must be approved, cleared or authorized by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- These tests don’t require an order from your physician to qualify for reimbursement. Tests that are ordered by a provider are not subject to the reimbursement limit.
- Tests must be used to diagnose a potential COVID-19 infection. Tests used for employment, school or recreational purposes are not eligible for reimbursement.
How do I get reimbursed?
Direct Coverage of OTC COVID-19 tests:
To keep you from having up front out-of-pocket costs, most OTC COVID-19 tests are covered through CVS Caremark. Members can obtain an OTC COVID-19 test with no upfront out of pocket cost, simply by presenting your RCBP ID card to any in network pharmacy that elects to offer COVID-19 tests.
You may also order COVID-19 tests online for pickup at your local CVS Pharmacy.
- Login or register for the Aetna member website.
- Select ‘Get Test Kits and Reimbursements’ and then click on ‘Order Tests from a CVS Pharmacy’. You will be redirected to the CVS Pharmacy website.
- Select how many at home tests you need and enter your zip code to find the closest CVS Pharmacy locations with test inventory.
- Enter the information from your RCBP ID card
- Place an order for store pick-up.
You may also access directly from Caremark.com or the CVS Caremark® mobile app (available for Android and Apple).
Direct Member Reimbursement:
An online claims submission process through Caremark.com and the CVS Caremark® mobile app (available for Android and Apple) are available.
- Sign in or register at Caremark.com.
- Upload your proof of purchase; this can be a digital receipt or photo of a paper receipt.
To submit a paper claim, download the form below and mail to: CVS Caremark, P.O. Box 53992, Phoenix, AZ 85072-3992.