The Rural Carrier Benefit Plan wants to help you be at your healthiest.
Are you ready to take advantage of your benefits? Discover how your RCBP wellness incentives can really make a difference. Members over the age of 18 who participate in the Plan’s Wellness Incentive programs can earn up to $250 in rewards each calendar year!
Take a Health Risk Assessment Reward: $100 Wellness Incentive Fund Account credit
Complete a Biometric Screening Reward: $100 Wellness Incentive Fund Account credit
It is easy to get started. Take your Health Risk Assessment today.
A Health Risk Assessment (HRA) is like an interview you take online. It is not that much different from the questions your doctor would ask during an annual checkup. You share information about your health habits and history. Then, you get a personalized health summary that can help you understand your health needs.
Once you know your health needs, you can set meaningful goals for yourself. Whether you need to lose a few pounds, quit smoking, improve your diet, or manage your overall health more effectively, the wellness tools from the RCBP can help you achieve your goals.
Take your Health Risk Assessment
- Visit your Aetna Secure Member Website and log on or register.
- Click on the Health and Wellness at the top of the page. Click on Explore resources under Discover a Healthier You and proceed to the Member Engagement Portal.
- Complete your free assessment
- If you prefer, you can complete your HRA telephonically by calling TrestleTree at 855-553-5109
The online version takes about 10 minutes; the phone conversation takes about 15 minutes.
Complete a biometric screening at a Quest Diagnostics Patient Service Center (PSC), request a home kit, or from your physician by having your physician complete a Biometric Screening Physician Results Form and submitting it to Quest Diagnostics. A Biometric Screening obtained through your physician is generally done during a routine physical examination.
Register for your Biometric Screening
- Visit my.questforhealth.com and enter the registration key RCBP
- Locate a PSC location or request a home kit
- Or, print a copy of the Biometric Screening Physician Results Form to take to your physician.
- Call 855-623-9355 to register by phone
Members with the following conditions may be eligible to earn up to $50 for each incentive to be deposited into a Wellness Incentive Account:,/p>
Controlling Blood Pressure for members with high blood pressure
The Plan will reach out to you if you are identified through claims data as having high blood pressure and will provide you a form for your provider to complete. On the form, your provider must document two (2) controlled blood pressure readings below 140/90 on separate visits during the current calendar year for you to earn the incentive.
If you are unable to meet this goal, you will receive the incentive if one of the following is completed:
- Dietary and nutritional counseling (obtain three counseling visits, which includes individual and group behavioral counseling).
- Telephonic Health Coach Program(Tobacco/E-Cigarette Cessation, Weight Management, Exercise, Nutrition, Stress Management)
Controlling A1c Hemoglobin (HbA1c) levels for members with diabetes
The Plan will reach out to you if you are identified through claims data as having diabetes and ask you to have your provider submit your HbA1claboratory results. Your HbA1c laboratory results must be less than 8% during the calendar year for you to earn the incentive.
If your HbA1c is greater than or equal to 8%, you will receive the incentive if one of the following is completed:
- Dietary and nutritional counseling (obtain three counseling visits, which include individual and group behavioral counseling).
- Diabetic Education or Training
- Enroll in the Transform Diabetes Program and check blood glucose using the meter four times per continuous calendar month for four months. Note: You always should follow directions from your health care provider with respect to the frequency of use and glucose testing.
- Telephonic Health Coach Program (Tobacco/E-Cigarette Cessation, Weight Management, Exercise, Nutrition, Stress Management).
Prenatal Care for members who are pregnant
If you are pregnant, your provider must submit documentation of a prenatal care visit during the first trimester. The documentation submitted must include a copy of the prenatal care medical record including Obstetric Panel testing, ultrasound, or prenatal exam from your provider for you to earn the incentive
Eliminating tobacco use for tobacco/e-cigarette users
If you are identified as a tobacco/e-cigarette user you can participate in the Plan’s Tobacco Cessation/E-Cigarette Program. You must complete:
- At least two quit attempts as part of our Tobacco Cessation/E-Cigarette Program. The quit attempt must include tobacco/e-cigarette cessation counseling sessions of at least 30 minutes each.
To earn the incentive for the conditions outlined above, documentation needs to be mailed by December 1st of the calendar year to: Aetna, C/O FEHBP QM, 3900 Rogers Rd, San Antonio, TX 78251
For more information about the Wellness Incentives, please see Section 5(h) of the Rural Carrier Benefit Plan Brochure.
To monitor the availability of funds in your Wellness Incentive Fund Account, go to the home page and click on “Your Aetna member website” under Member Resources. Once you log on to your Aetna member website, look for the “Health and Wellness” icon at the top of the page, click ‘ Explore Resources’ under “Discover a Healthier You” and proceed to the Member Engagement Portal.
Please allow 4 weeks after completing your HRA, biometric screening or healthy action(s), for the funds to be deposited into your Wellness Incentive Fund Account. You can obtain these rewards once per calendar year, so why not do it today?
View the Official Plan Brochure for details about RCBP health benefits plans