The Rural Carrier Benefit Plan wants to help you achieve your best health.
RCBP members can earn wellness incentives for completing a health risk assessment (HRA) and a biometric screening. The incentives can be earned once per calendar year for each covered family member ages 18 and older. You can use them to help pay for qualified medical expenses, such as your cost-sharing amounts (copayments, coinsurance and deductibles) for future services, for any covered family member.
You will receive your PayFlex Card® in the mail after you’ve earned an incentive. As you earn additional incentives, the funds will automatically be loaded onto your PayFlex card. The card can be used for IRS eligible medical expenses such as co-payments, deductible and coinsurance, prescription drug copayments, dental and vision services and eligible over-the-counter drugs. So hold onto your PayFlex Card, don’t discard.
Using the PayFlex card is easy. Simply swipe your card at the point of service and select either “debit” or “credit” to pay for medical expenses. After you swipe the card, our system automatically checks to see if you have enough funds to pay for the expense and if the charge is eligible for reimbursement. Be sure to save your receipts as you may have to provide documentation to PayFlex for card transactions. You should also save your Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statements. If we require documentation, you’ll be notified. Important: If we don’t receive your documentation or a repayment, the amount could be reported to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as taxable income and may result in suspension of your card. To view your account balance on your PayFlex debit card, use the PayFlex Mobile® app, PayFlex website or call the number on the back of your PayFlex debit card.
What if your Payflex card doesn’t work?
Here are a few reasons why your card may not be working.
- The merchant may not accept Mastercard®.
- Your purchase may not be for an eligible expense.
- You may have included ineligible expenses with your purchase. Try using the card again but only with eligible expenses.
- There may not be enough money in your account to cover the expense. If your card isn’t working or is declined, you’ll need to use another form of payment. If you use another form of payment, you can log in online or through our mobile app to pay yourself back.
What if your card gets lost or stolen?
Call us immediately at 1-888-879-9280.
Are you ready to take advantage of your wellness benefits?
Discover how your RCBP wellness incentives can really make a difference. Each covered family member ages 18 and older can earn up to $400 in rewards each calendar year!
- Take an HRA: $50 will be deposited to a PayFlex Card
- Complete a biometric screening through Quest Diagnostics or LabCorp and $100 will be deposited to a PayFlex Card
Take your HRA today
An HRA is like an interview you take online. It is not that much different from the questions your doctor would ask during an annual checkup. You share information about your health habits and history. Then, you get a personalized health summary that can help you understand your health needs.
Once you know your health needs, you can set meaningful goals for yourself. Whether you need to lose a few pounds, quit smoking, improve your diet, or manage your overall health more effectively, the wellness tools from the RCBP can help you achieve your goals.
Take health risk assessment (HRA)
- Visit your Aetna® Member Website and log on or register.
- Click on “Health and Wellness” at the top of the page. From the landing page, select “Earn & Track Well-being Rewards” and proceed to the member engagement portal.
- Complete your HRA. If you prefer, you can complete your HRA telephonically by calling TrestleTree at 1-855-553-5109.
The online version takes about 10 minutes; the phone conversation takes about 15 minutes.
You can complete your biometric screening through either Quest Diagnostics or LabCorp:
Complete a biometric screening through Quest Diagnostics by November 30th of the calendar year and $100 will be deposited on a PayFlex debit card. You can obtain the biometric screening at a Quest Diagnostics Patient Service Center (PSC), through your physician by having your physician complete a Biometric Screening Physician Results Form and fax it back by November 30th or through
an at-home collection materials. To register for your screening or request an at-home collections materials call 1-855-623-9355 or to print a copy of the Biometric Screening Physician Results Form to take to your physician, visit My.QuestforHealth.com and enter the registration key: RCBP.
Once your biometric screening is complete, your results will be available at My.QuestforHealth.com and will also be mailed to you to help you better understand your health risks.
Complete a biometric screening by December 31st of the calendar year and $100 will be deposited on a PayFlex debit card. You can obtain the biometric screening at a LabCorp PCS, a home test kit (stateside only) or through your physician by having your physician complete a Biometric Screening Physician Results Form and fax it back by December 31st. To register for your screening, request a home test kit, or print a copy of the Biometric Screening Physician Results Form to take to your physician, visit LabCorp .
Once your biometric screening is complete, your results will be available on LabCorp’s portal.
Members may be eligible to earn up to $100 for each incentive outlined below:
- Controlling Blood Pressure for members with high blood pressure
- Controlling Hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) levels for members with diabetes
- Prenatal Care for members who are pregnant – complete an initial OB visit within the first trimester
- Eliminating tobacco use for tobacco users – complete at least two quit attempts as part of our tobacco cessation program
If you have diabetes or high blood pressure, Aetna will mail you a form with directions on how to earn your incentive.
Members who complete any of the following Healthy Actions earn additional incentives:
- Get your breast cancer screening and earn $100
- Get your cervical cancer screening (pap smear) and earn $100
- Get your colorectal cancer screening and earn $100
- Participate in our Telephonic Health Coaching Program and complete 6 coaching sessions (see elsewhere in this section) and earn $75
- Well Child Visits – earn $100. Your child must complete six (6) or more well-child visits with a primary care provider within the first 15-months of their life.
For complete details, see section 5(h). in the official Plan brochure.
After the claim for the healthy action is received, the plan will load the amount earned onto your PayFlex Card. Please allow at least 4 weeks after completing a wellness activity for incentives earned to be deposited. The card can be used for IRS eligible medical expenses such as co-payments, deductible and coinsurance, prescription drug copayments, dental and vision services and eligible over-the-counter drugs.
Each covered family member ages 18 and older can earn up to $400 in incentives each calendar year!
See Section 5(h), Special Features, Wellness Incentives in your official plan brochure for complete details.
If you have any questions about the improved RCBP Wellness Incentive programs, please contact Member Services at 1-800-638-8432 (TTY: 711).
View the Official Plan Brochure for details about RCBP health benefits plans