Telemedicine includes Medical and/or Behavioral Health telehealth service providers that allow health care professionals to use interactive audio, mobile and/or video for diagnosis, consultation or treatment.
Telehealth through Amwell® – A Faster, Easier Way to See a Doctor.
Telehealth consultations are available to for the following specialties through our telehealth vendor, American Well (Amwell®):
- Doctors of Medicine (MD)
- Registered Dieticians (RD)
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSW)
Benefits of using Amwell:
- Covered at 100% – you pay nothing!
- US board certified doctors
- Prescriptions sent to pharmacy of choice, if necessary
- No appointment necessary
- Private and secure
- Skip waiting rooms
Amwell can be used any time, day or night. It’s perfect when your doctor’s office is closed, you’re too sick or busy to see someone in person, or even when you’re traveling.
You can address most common issues such as: colds, fever, rash, ear infections, and migraines. You can also see a therapist for ongoing counseling for concerns such as: depression, anxiety, and stress, as well as a dietician for diet and nutrition help. This service is available 24/7.
When Would You Use Amwell?
- You should probably see a doctor, but can’t fit it into your schedule
- Your doctor’s office is closed
- You feel too sick to drive
- You have children at home and don’t want to bring them with you
- It’s difficult for you to get a doctor’s appointment
- You’re traveling and stuck in a hotel room
There are 3 easy ways to sign up:
- Download the iOS or Android App by searching for “Amwell” at your mobile device’s app store;
- Sign-up on the web at www.Amwell.com;
- Sign-up by phone by calling 844-733-3627
See www.Amwell.com for information regarding telehealth consults .
Additional Behavioral Health Televideo Services
Behavioral Health Televideo Services is a rapidly growing and evolving form of treatment. Licensed health care professionals provide services using real-time video conferencing. With this state of the art communications technology, health care professionals can provide services to members who may not have been able to access services in the past. Health care professionals who provide Behavioral Health Televideo Services comply with all relevant laws in the jurisdiction where they and the member getting services are located. We expect health care professionals providing Behavioral Health Televideo Services to comply with the Clinical, Technical and Administrative Guidelines of the American Telemedicine Association.
The following Behavioral Health Televideo Providers are available to you depending on which state you live in:
- MDLIVE provides services to members in all 50 states and accepts patients 10 years old and older. To register and schedule a session, call 855-824-2170 or go to www.mdlive.com/BHCOMM.
- Inpathy provides services to members who live in California, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas or Virginia and accepts patients age 5 and older. The toll-free number for Inpathy is 800-442-8938.
- Arcadian Telepsychiatry provides services to members who live in a state not covered by Inpathy and accepts patients age 18 and older. The toll-free number for Arcadian Telepsychiatry is 866-991-2103.
Informed Health Line
Talk to a Registered Nurse Anytime
With the Informed Health Line, you can speak to a registered nurse about health issues that are on your mind — whenever you need to.* Plus —
- It’s toll-free. Call 800-638-8432 and select the prompt for the 24-hour nurse advice line.
- You can call as many times as you need — at no extra cost.
- Your covered family members can use it, too.
You could save time, money and a trip to the ER
You can turn to the Informed Health Line for helpful information — instead of an unneeded trip to the emergency room (ER). That can be a money-saver. Plus, you’ll be able to make smarter health decisions. You’ll have reliable information you can trust — and it’s only a phone call or click away.
*While only your doctor can diagnose, prescribe or give medical advice, the Informed Health Line nurses can provide information on more than 5,000 health topics. Contact your doctor first with any questions or concerns regarding your health care needs.
More reasons to use the Informed Health Line
- Get information on a wide range of health and wellness topics
- Make better health care decisions
- Find out more about a medical test or procedure
- Get help preparing for a visit to your doctor
- Receive emails with links to videos that relate to your question or topic
Your online source for health information
Prefer to go online for health information? Check out the Informed Health Line page on your secure member website, Aetna member website.
Here’s what you can do:
- Send us an email.
- Use our symptom checker.
- Learn about treatment options and health risks.
- Research a medicine, and more.
It explains things in terms that are easy to understand. And it’s easy to get to — once you’re a member, just go to your Aetna member website and log in.
Two ways to get health information fast
- Call a registered nurse anytime toll-free at 800-638-8432 and select the prompt for the 24-hour nurse line.
- Visit Aetna member website, your secure member portal.
Get health information — when and where you need it. Put the Informed Health Line to work for you.
View the Official Plan Brochure for details about RCBP health benefits plans